The multi-vehicle Manned / Unmanned toolkit allows safe, and effective Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) control from anywhere at any time. The UCS-WG architecture allows a single operator to take "supervised usage" (LOI-4) control of multiple manned and unmanned platforms through an intuitive user interface.
The MUM-178 was developed in partnership with the Aviation Applied Technology Directorate (AATD) of Ft. Eustis, Virginia as part of a Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) program to expand the capabilities of manned aircraft by teaming with their unmanned counterparts.
The MUM-178 is one of the first products of its kind available to help facilitate the teaming of both manned and unmanned assets, and represents a significant step forward in how aviators utilize the growing number of UAV platforms.
Capabilities & Applications - EO / IR / TV Switching
- Contrast Control
- Brightness Control
- Black Hot / White Hot Toggle
- Zoom In / Out
- Ability to Slew Payload in 360° relative to the Video Window
- Ability to Slew Payload in 360° relative to Map Window
- Engage / Disengage Payload Auto-Track Capability
- Ability to Engage Payload Track while in Search Mode
- Ability to Control with Pilot Gloves
- Laser Control Base on UAS Payload Capabilities: (Laser Illuminator, Designator, Range Finder)
The Kutta kneeboard controller is a resistive multi-touch pad with sealed industrial membrane switches and weighs less than 0.5 lbs. The unit is designed to meet MIL-STD-810 standards. Dimensions: 5.75" x 4.75" x 1.25".